From: John Callaway on
In XP SP2 how do I remove fragmented files after I run defrag?

JPC
From: Leonard Grey on
Defragmenting your hard disk takes the fragmented pieces of your files
and puts them together - like assembling a jigsaw puzzle - so they lie
on your hard disk in a contiguous fashion. There is nothing to remove.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Andrew E. on
As in all files could not be defraged....R.click my computer,properties,
advanced,performance,virtual memory,change button,set C: to "no page file"
click set 2X close out system,restart pc.In xp,go to run,type: CLEANMGR
cleanup C: Type: Defrag C: Once its thru,type: EXIT Reopen system proper-
ties,set page file to "let system manage",click set 2X,close out,restart pc.
This works better if you have a slave hd with another page file on it.The
reason those files couldnt be defraged was they were in use.

From: Leonard Grey on
Andrew E. when will you stop dispensing your absurd - and in this
example, dangerous - advice?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

From: Nil on
On 14 Jan 2010, John Callaway <jcalla(a)erols.com> wrote in
microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize:

> In XP SP2 how do I remove fragmented files after I run defrag?

Why would you want to do that? They are your data files and those that
the system uses - fragmented or not, they are complete. If you truly
don't need or want them... delete them.

There will always be some fragmented files on your disk. They harm
nothing. The only way to get rid of them is to format the disk.
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2 3
Prev: Control Panel
Next: 1366 x 768