From: deholmes on
I am trying to create a equipment rental invoice using one spreedsheet as the
data base, I am stump on hoe to make the cell that will contain the charge of
the rental
If I use dates and in an cell I create a formula that figures out the number
os days the equipment is out
in the total charge sell I want the amount to go
so for excample I have day out, day in, day, week ,month,
total charge
05/17/10 05/18/10 32.00 128.0
384.00 ?????
How can I make the amopunt from the dates entered go into the cell??(total
charge)
Is there a rental template out there or is there a simple formula??

From: Fred Smith on
Providing the actual cell address or columns makes it much easier for people
to provide formulas useful to you. In additional, you'll need to define what
determines a week's rental (any period over 7 days?) versus a month's rental
(over 30 days?). Assuming your columns are A to F, see if the following gets
you started:

=if(b1-a1<7,(b1-a1+1)*c1,if(b1-a1<30,(b1-a1+1)/7*d1,(b1-a1+1)/30*e1))

Regards,
Fred