From: MyBrainIsFried on
I was fixing a friend's PC and reset some folder options (specifically, I
asked
File Mgr to show contents of folders such as C:\Programs, C:\Windows, etc,
where they used to come up with a warning about knowing the risks of messing
about), and, now that the PC is humming along nicely, I'd like to reset said
folders back to their default behavior to avoid any "accidents" on the part
of users.

The 3 users on the machine all have "admin" priveleges -- in my travels, i
*did* see an option for setting it back to "don't view" but I don't remember
if that was before or after the SP3 install.

Does anybody know how to get back to the default behaviour??
From: sanjacstudent12 on
Specifically, the setting to which you are referring is probably the "Hide
protected operating system files (Recommended)."