From: John Wu on
Hey,

I am new to ruby. I have the following simple ruby script
def make_show_name(show)
return Proc.new {|host| show + " with " + host}
end
show = make_show_name("Practical Cannibalism")
show.call("H. Annabellector")

when run this using irb, it prints out: Practical Cannibalism with H.
Annabellector
but when I saved this as test.rb and type ruby test.rb, it prints out
nothing.

What is the problem here?

Thanks!

From: Jean-Julien Fleck on
Hello,

> I am new to ruby. I have the following simple ruby script
> def make_show_name(show)
>  return Proc.new {|host| show + " with " + host}
> end
> show = make_show_name("Practical Cannibalism")
> show.call("H. Annabellector")
>
> when run this using irb, it prints out: Practical Cannibalism with H.
> Annabellector
> but when I saved this as test.rb and type ruby test.rb, it prints out
> nothing.
>
> What is the problem here?

irb automaticaly prints out the value of the last expression, but your
script does not.

Try

puts show.call("H. Annabellector")

and it should be fine.