From: Mark Hobley on
Does anyone use the retchmail mail retriever agent?

If I use the -c switch to specify an alternative configuration file, it
bombs out with an error message:

retchmail -c /etc/retchmail/retchmail.conf

No data found, aborting

If I do not use the -c switch, retchmail operates fine.

Does anyone know why is the -c switch not working?

--
Mark Hobley
Linux User: #370818 http://markhobley.yi.org/
From: The Natural Philosopher on
Mark Hobley wrote:
> Does anyone use the retchmail mail retriever agent?
>
> If I use the -c switch to specify an alternative configuration file, it
> bombs out with an error message:
>
> retchmail -c /etc/retchmail/retchmail.conf
>
> No data found, aborting
>
> If I do not use the -c switch, retchmail operates fine.
>
> Does anyone know why is the -c switch not working?

At a guess it wouldn't be teh first time that a piece of code's modus
operandi differs significantly from its instruction 'manual'

At least one hopes source is available so you could fix it.

Pity the poor Mac OSX man who decides to be modern, makes hos primary
partition case sensitive, only to find that Adobe CS(X) wont either
install anywhere else, or install on a case sensitive partition.

One presumes they developed on a non case sensitive machine and can't be
arsed to fix it.

From: Mark Hobley on
In comp.mail.misc The Natural Philosopher <tnp(a)invalid.invalid> wrote:
> At a guess it wouldn't be teh first time that a piece of code's modus
> operandi differs significantly from its instruction 'manual'

Yeah. I am hitting a few of these lately.

> At least one hopes source is available so you could fix it.

That is why I only open source applications:)

I really need to get into this GNU style of coding, so I can start
making some fixes. I have hundreds of bugs that need addressing, and
loads of instruction documents that need clarification or correction.

I also need to fork some projects, because the developers don't want to
fix the bugs that I find.

Mark.

From: Dave Gibson on
[ followup-to set ]

Mark Hobley <markhobley(a)hotpop.donottypethisbit.com> wrote:
> Does anyone use the retchmail mail retriever agent?
>
> If I use the -c switch to specify an alternative configuration file, it
> bombs out with an error message:
>
> retchmail -c /etc/retchmail/retchmail.conf
>
> No data found, aborting

retchmail -c 'ini:/etc/retchmail/retchmail.conf'