From: mikie mike on
How can I implement load balancing of transports. I have transports table
with:

user(a)domain smtp:mysmtpserver

There are 2 smtp servers known as mysmtpserver.

The questions are:
- is DNS required to do such load balancing (i would rather not use DNS if
possible)
- if there are 2 "A" records for mysmtpserver, will postfix do round-robin
transports or just cache one address for mysmtpserver and push all mail to
it?
From: Eero Volotinen on
> - is DNS required to do such load balancing (i would rather not use DNS
> if possible)
> - if there are 2 "A" records for mysmtpserver, will postfix do
> round-robin transports or just cache one address for mysmtpserver and
> push all mail to it?

You need to setup at least two A records on DNS and it works after that.

--
Eero