From: mikeyhsd on
anyone know of a wireless router that provides ipv4 and ipv6 support.

looks like my linksys (WRT160N) only provides ipv4.

--

mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com

From: Bob on
On 28/01/2010 14:17, mikeyhsd wrote:
> anyone know of a wireless router that provides ipv4 and ipv6 support.
> looks like my linksys (WRT160N) only provides ipv4.
>
> --
>
> mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com <mailto:mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com>

According to Google
<http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Routers> (several are wireless)
you could also check the Phase1/Phase2 lists at
<http://www.ipv6ready.org/?page=home>
From: GlowingBlueMist on
Bob wrote:
> On 28/01/2010 14:17, mikeyhsd wrote:
>> anyone know of a wireless router that provides ipv4 and ipv6 support.
>> looks like my linksys (WRT160N) only provides ipv4.
>>
>> --
>>
>> mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com <mailto:mikeyhsd(a)hotmail.com>
>>
> According to Google
> <http://www.sixxs.net/wiki/Routers> (several are wireless)
> you could also check the Phase1/Phase2 lists at
> <http://www.ipv6ready.org/?page=home>

If your router is a revision 1.0, 1.1 or 3.0 you can upgrade it using the
free dd-wrt router software. According to the Features list as shown below
the dd-wrt software does support ipv6.

http://www.dd-wrt.com/wiki/index.php/What_is_DD-WRT%3F#Features

Take it slow and do the steps in the order the software instructions show so
you don't "brick" (make it non-functional) your router. I believe on your
model you have to load a boot version first, then flash to the dd-wrt
designed specifically to work with your router.

The main link to the web site is http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/.
If you go to the Router Database at
http://www.dd-wrt.com/site/support/router-database and input your model
WRT160N it will lead you through finding the right software. Click on your
model and it should take you to the software download page for your router.

Good luck.

From: ps56k on

"Bob" <bob(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> On 28/01/2010 14:17, mikeyhsd wrote:
>> anyone know of a wireless router that provides ipv4 and ipv6 support.
>> looks like my linksys (WRT160N) only provides ipv4.

Just wondering what your situation or scenario is that requires ipv6 support
?

From: GlowingBlueMist on
ps56k wrote:
> "Bob" <bob(a)invalid.invalid> wrote in message
>> On 28/01/2010 14:17, mikeyhsd wrote:
>>> anyone know of a wireless router that provides ipv4 and ipv6
>>> support. looks like my linksys (WRT160N) only provides ipv4.
>>>

> Just wondering what your situation or scenario is that requires ipv6
> support ?

One that I have heard about is Windows 7 by default requires a router that
supports ipv6 if you want to create a Homegroup and connect say a wireless
laptop to a wired PC and share resources. True there are registry hacks
that can combat this but with the right router it's not needed. Check out
this link for more info on W7 Homegroups and ipv6:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7network/thread/481ff040-56ef-427d-a447-a01847c37d5f