From: Rob Christiansen on
//here i'm trying to read backward. Error message, "Rowset does not
support fetching backward." HOW CAN I FIX THAT?

sql = "SELECT * FROM santa1 "; //Response.Write( "nnn SQL = "+ sql
+"<br>" ); //Response.End();

var rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
rs.Open (sql, ConnectionObject)

rs.MoveLast( );
while(! (rs.EOF))
{ //567

Response.Write( rs("id").Value +"<br>")

rs.MovePrevious( )
} //567

crazyswede

From: err_ on
On Apr 3, 2:03 pm, Rob Christiansen <robb_christian...(a)q.com> wrote:
> //here i'm trying to read backward. Error message, "Rowset does not
> support fetching backward." HOW CAN I FIX THAT?
>
> sql = "SELECT * FROM santa1 ";  //Response.Write( "nnn SQL = "+ sql
> +"<br>" ); //Response.End();
>
> var rs = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.RecordSet")
> rs.Open (sql, ConnectionObject)
>
> rs.MoveLast( );
> while(! (rs.EOF))
> { //567
>
> Response.Write( rs("id").Value +"<br>")
>
> rs.MovePrevious( )
>
> } //567
>
> crazyswede
>
> *** Sent via Developersdexhttp://www.developersdex.com***

Nothing to do with javascript. ADODB.RecordSet is, IIRC, something
called a COM object. Still, the answer can be found in like 5 seconds
of googling and RTFMing:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms681510(VS.85).aspx

From: Ben on
You might be better suited to ordering your SQL statement so that you
can start at the beginning.

SELECT id FROM santa1 ORDER BY id DESC