From: Zhoran Tvalve on
Roger Pack wrote:
> All righty update your gem, give 'er a shot again and report back.
>
> E:\installs\ruby_msvc\bin>gem install ruby-prof
> Successfully installed ruby-prof-0.8.1-x86-mswin32
> 1 gem installed
>
> Thanks for the kick in the pants to use rake compiler :)

Hi, Roger
updated gem and made two series of shots with the same two
RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values. Both RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values
178241142 and 1782411428 result in 18-19 secs

Now it reports more realistic - 18 secs while it took about 23 secs as
showed my watch. A compared my watch to computer clock, and found it's
ok ) Could the difference take place due to concurrent process execution
environment?

From: Roger Pack on

> Hi, Roger
> updated gem and made two series of shots with the same two
> RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values. Both RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values
> 178241142 and 1782411428 result in 18-19 secs
>
> Now it reports more realistic - 18 secs while it took about 23 secs as
> showed my watch. A compared my watch to computer clock, and found it's
> ok ) Could the difference take place due to concurrent process execution
> environment?

Note well that it won't actually use RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY unless you
specify --mode=cpu

Thanks!
-rp

From: Zhoran Tvalve on
Roger Pack wrote:

>> Hi, Roger
>> updated gem and made two series of shots with the same two
>> RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values. Both RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY values
>> 178241142 and 1782411428 result in 18-19 secs
>>
>> Now it reports more realistic - 18 secs while it took about 23 secs as
>> showed my watch. A compared my watch to computer clock, and found it's
>> ok ) Could the difference take place due to concurrent process execution
>> environment?
>
> Note well that it won't actually use RUBY_PROF_CPU_FREQUENCY unless you
> specify --mode=cpu
>
> Thanks!
> -rp

Roger,
I like ruby-prof, and find it very helpful. Thank you for it! And best
wishes )

Zhoran