From: Roger Pack on
Anybody know what happened to rubygarden.org?
-r

From: Tom Copeland on

On Jul 6, 2010, at 6:04 PM, Roger Pack wrote:

> Anybody know what happened to rubygarden.org?

It was such a spam-trap that we shut it down.

Yours,

Tom

From: Ben Bleything on
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Tom Copeland <tom(a)infoether.com> wrote:
> It was such a spam-trap that we shut it down.

Is the content, spam-laden or otherwise, still available somewhere?
I'd happily volunteer to compile a static version... there was too
much good stuff there to lose it forever.

Ben

From: Tom Copeland on

On Jul 6, 2010, at 9:33 PM, Ben Bleything wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Tom Copeland <tom(a)infoether.com> wrote:
>> It was such a spam-trap that we shut it down.
>
> Is the content, spam-laden or otherwise, still available somewhere?
> I'd happily volunteer to compile a static version... there was too
> much good stuff there to lose it forever.

I poked around various directories on the new rubycentral.org server... I don't see any trace of it. I'll ask Chad if he knows of a backup anywhere... but I think it was such a mess (e.g., GB upon GB of spam revisions mixed in with the good bits) that I didn't migrate it over... now I'm wishing I had, of course...

Yours,

Tom

From: Brian Candler on
Tom Copeland wrote:
> I poked around various directories on the new rubycentral.org server...
> I don't see any trace of it. I'll ask Chad if he knows of a backup
> anywhere... but I think it was such a mess (e.g., GB upon GB of spam
> revisions mixed in with the good bits) that I didn't migrate it over...
> now I'm wishing I had, of course...

I wrote most of DRbTutorial, and was sad to see it vanish. It's
sometimes possible to retrieve it from archive.org, but it's a painful
process. I finally got it here:

http://web.archive.org/web/20070711135306/http://wiki.rubygarden.org/Ruby/page/show/DrbTutorial