From: Victor Duchovni on
On Fri, Jan 29, 2010 at 06:41:48PM +0100, Robert Schetterer wrote:

> >> smtpd_sender_login_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders
> >>
> >> pico /etc/postfix/sasl_senders
> >>
> >> @domain.de username
> >>
> >> which works as desired
> >
> > As documented, in indexed files the first non-whitespace token is the
> > lookup *key*, and the remainder of the (possibly "folded") line is
> > the *value*.
> >
> > $ postmap -q "@domain.de" hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders
> > username
>
> sorry viktor, i dont understand, perhaps my english leaks here
> would you like to say that this cannot be done with sql?

Nothing of the sort. Just create an SQL query that returns ONLY the
lookup value and NOT the key.

$ postmap -q "key" mysql:/etc/postfix/mumble.cf
value

This is equivalent to a source file for indexing via postmap for "hash",
"btree", "cdb", ... containing:

# Lookup key Lookup value
key value

Postfix uses the key to retrieve the value. You have royally confused
yourself into a misguided belief that the lookup key needs to be returned
by the query, just because that's what you see in the *source* files used
by postmap(1) to construct simple indexed tables. In those tables too,
the lookup result is just the value.

--
Viktor.

From: Robert Schetterer on
Am 29.01.2010 18:49, schrieb Victor Duchovni:

>>> As documented, in indexed files the first non-whitespace token is the
>>> lookup *key*, and the remainder of the (possibly "folded") line is
>>> the *value*.
>>>
>>> $ postmap -q "@domain.de" hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_senders
>>> username
>>
>> sorry viktor, i dont understand, perhaps my english leaks here
>> would you like to say that this cannot be done with sql?
>
> Nothing of the sort. Just create an SQL query that returns ONLY the
> lookup value and NOT the key.
>
> $ postmap -q "key" mysql:/etc/postfix/mumble.cf
> value
>
> This is equivalent to a source file for indexing via postmap for "hash",
> "btree", "cdb", ... containing:
>
> # Lookup key Lookup value
> key value
>
> Postfix uses the key to retrieve the value. You have royally confused
> yourself into a misguided belief that the lookup key needs to be returned
> by the query, just because that's what you see in the *source* files used
> by postmap(1) to construct simple indexed tables. In those tables too,
> the lookup result is just the value.

Hi Viktor,

what i wanna goal is
having a sql query that matches
the username ( which in my case is equal to sasl_auth and email address
) and allready works, and a special look up in case the username is in
another table called domain_admins to allow these users send mail
for all mail adresses in their domain
this is for some dummy customers which have broken boxes need
to relay all addresses of their domain only by the one authed domain
admin user
the layout sql superadmin,domainadmin,user are from postfixadmin
i tried to use an additional hash table to the norme user sql query ,
but this fails
with existing user as all queries are honored, so an overide
of the normal user sql query with hash table isnt possible,
therefor i came up with the idea to build same table with sql query as
in hash table
i now understand whats your meaning with key so i will try to fix the
query but as iam now sql guru i dont know if i cant goal this

--
Best Regards

MfG Robert Schetterer

Germany/Munich/Bavaria