From: Tejun Heo on
Hello,

Alright, I don't have access to mcp51 but tested with mcp55 and could
reproduce similar problem. It seems nIEN on mcp55 is stuck once set
and iHOS104 doesn't set I on D2H FIS if nIEN is set on command H2D
FIS, which the SATA standard specifically mandates not to do. So, the
combination of buggy mcp55 ctl handling + buggy iHOS104 nIEN handling
leads to nobody raising interrupt.

The problem is that the problem I'm seeing is not completely identical
to the one you're seeing. The difference could be coming from
different firmware version on the drives or different controllers.

Anyways, can you please give a shot at the attached patch?

Thanks.

--
tejun
From: Gregory Moyer on
> Hello,
>
> Alright, I don't have access to mcp51 but tested with mcp55 and could
> reproduce similar problem. It seems nIEN on mcp55 is stuck once set
> and iHOS104 doesn't set I on D2H FIS if nIEN is set on command H2D
> FIS, which the SATA standard specifically mandates not to do. So, the
> combination of buggy mcp55 ctl handling + buggy iHOS104 nIEN handling
> leads to nobody raising interrupt.
>
> The problem is that the problem I'm seeing is not completely identical
> to the one you're seeing. The difference could be coming from
> different firmware version on the drives or different controllers.
>
> Anyways, can you please give a shot at the attached patch?
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> tejun

I tried your latest patch against�2.6.32 with my iHOS104 and MCP55 and
it works perfectly. I can now use the drive normally and I do not see
any failure/reset messages in the log. Thanks!
- Greg