From: Jim Scott on
I used to use a systray 'clock' called saytime95 which speaks the time on
the hour or when you choose. I quite liked that. Is there a more modern
application which works with XP?
--
Jim
Tyneside UK
From: Susan Bugher on
Jim Scott wrote:

> I used to use a systray 'clock' called saytime95 which speaks the time on
> the hour or when you choose. I quite liked that. Is there a more modern
> application which works with XP?

Here's one for openers. :)

Program: Multilingual Speaking Clock
Author: Lux Aeterna
Ware: (Liteware) (free)
http://www.lux-aeterna.com/

"This is the home of Multilingual Speaking Clock and Speaking Clock
Deluxe, software for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP that makes your
computer tell the time out loud, using a well-designed display bundled
with functions for alarms, timers, a calculator and full support for
agents and speech engines. You can have the time announced in over 30
different languages!"

http://www.simtel.net/product.download.php?id=62812
http://wcarchive.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/win95/clocks/spcl25.zip
916 KB

Susan
--
Posted to alt.comp.freeware
From: Nicolaas Hawkins on
On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:40:37 GMT, Jim Scott <mr.jimscott(a)Xvirgin.net>
wrote in <news:yd59smfjftky$.dlg(a)ID-104726.news.individual.net>:

> I used to use a systray 'clock' called saytime95 which speaks the time on
> the hour or when you choose. I quite liked that. Is there a more modern
> application which works with XP?

There are many later versions of Say the Time - the latest is, I
understand, version 6.0. However, it is not freeware and is therefore
off-topic in this newsgroup.

--
Regards,
Nicolaas.

Pricelessware 2006 CD now available.
E-Mail for details: raptor740.gmail(a)com (swap "." and "@")

.... You are making progress . . . if each mistake is a new one!
From: Jim Scott on
On Thu, 2 Mar 2006 14:22:39 +1300, Nicolaas Hawkins wrote:

> On Thu, 02 Mar 2006 00:40:37 GMT, Jim Scott <mr.jimscott(a)Xvirgin.net>
> wrote in <news:yd59smfjftky$.dlg(a)ID-104726.news.individual.net>:
>
>> I used to use a systray 'clock' called saytime95 which speaks the time on
>> the hour or when you choose. I quite liked that. Is there a more modern
>> application which works with XP?
>
> There are many later versions of Say the Time - the latest is, I
> understand, version 6.0. However, it is not freeware and is therefore
> off-topic in this newsgroup.

The program I refer to is NOT 'Say the time!, but Saytime95 and this IS
freeware. I found it, installed it and it works fine, even on XP.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK
From: Jim Scott on
On Wed, 01 Mar 2006 20:06:19 -0500, Susan Bugher wrote:

> Jim Scott wrote:
>
>> I used to use a systray 'clock' called saytime95 which speaks the time on
>> the hour or when you choose. I quite liked that. Is there a more modern
>> application which works with XP?
>
> Here's one for openers. :)
>
> Program: Multilingual Speaking Clock
> Author: Lux Aeterna
> Ware: (Liteware) (free)
> http://www.lux-aeterna.com/
>
> "This is the home of Multilingual Speaking Clock and Speaking Clock
> Deluxe, software for Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP that makes your
> computer tell the time out loud, using a well-designed display bundled
> with functions for alarms, timers, a calculator and full support for
> agents and speech engines. You can have the time announced in over 30
> different languages!"
>
> http://www.simtel.net/product.download.php?id=62812
> http://wcarchive.cdrom.com/pub/simtelnet/win95/clocks/spcl25.zip
> 916 KB
>
> Susan

Thank you Susan.
I downloaded and installed. It seems to work fine.
I think I prefer the voice in Saytime95.
--
Jim
Tyneside UK
 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2
Prev: Batch Real Producer -- English version
Next: 2D CAD