From: Tejun Heo on
Hello,

On 06/01/2010 05:57 PM, Peter Zijlstra wrote:
> I know we all love notifier lists, but doesn't the below code get lots
> more readable if we don't play tricks with notifier priorities and
> simply hardcode the few (perf/sched/cpuset) callbacks into the hotplug
> paths?

Maybe, maybe not. In this case, I kind of like that sleep failure
case doesn't have to be explicitly rolled back but if you like hard
coding that's fine too.

> Also, I'm afraid you've now inverted the relation between
> cpu_active_mask and parition_sched_domains().
>
> You need to first set/clear the active mask, then rebuild the domain.
> But with your patch parition_sched_domains() gets called in the regular
> DOWN_PREPARE path, while we only clear active at the very end, which
> means we build the wrong domains.

Ah, right forgot about that. So, the things that need to be ordered
are cpu_active mask update, cpuset configuration and sched domains,
right?

Thanks.

--
tejun