From: Globemaker on
Hi sci.crypt,
There is an emotionally disturbed person on sci.crypt who keeps
insulting me in his replies. How do I create a kill file so I do not
see replies by that one person? The website I like to read is
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt
From: Gordon Burditt on
>There is an emotionally disturbed person on sci.crypt who keeps
>insulting me in his replies. How do I create a kill file so I do not
>see replies by that one person? The website I like to read is
>http://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt

Kill files are normally a feature of news reader software (not web
browsers) reading news from a news server (not web site).

I suggest reading the documentation of your particular web site to
see if it provides an ability to kill by author. Otherwise consider
using news reader software and a news server.

From: jbriggs444 on

http://groups.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=87593
From: Tom St Denis on
On Jul 9, 11:14 am, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> Hi sci.crypt,
> There is an emotionally disturbed person on sci.crypt who keeps
> insulting me in his replies. How do I create a kill file so I do not
> see replies by that one person? The website I like to read ishttp://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt

You could just become less clueless, then I wouldn't harp on you.

Tom

N.B. I harp on you because you're trying to be an authority on
cryptography and you're clearly useless. Stop trying to promote your
"magazine" until you get a clue and I'll leave you alone.
From: WTShaw on
On Jul 9, 10:14 am, Globemaker <alanfolms...(a)cabanova.com> wrote:
> Hi sci.crypt,
> There is an emotionally disturbed person on sci.crypt who keeps
> insulting me in his replies. How do I create a kill file so I do not
> see replies by that one person? The website I like to read ishttp://groups.google.com/group/sci.crypt

Somehow this disturbed person might have good information or arguments
that would benefit you.

And, how difficult is it to become someone completely new.

Sometimes I feel that alter-egos manifest themselves, or is it
appropriate to participate in an argument with yourself here? Not for
me.