From: SolomonW on
My Grandfather finds it hard to read, so what I do is go to youtube and
play for him some lectures to listen to. I find it good as he can stop when
he wants and replay parts. Most importantly it exercises his brain.

Some universities do release such talks. However, in can be difficult to
find high quality talks as he wants at least an hour long.

Is there a good site where I find these talks?

Thanking you in advance.
From: OG on

"SolomonW" <SolomonW(a)nospamMail.com> wrote in message
> My Grandfather finds it hard to read, so what I do is go to youtube and
> play for him some lectures to listen to. I find it good as he can stop
> when
> he wants and replay parts. Most importantly it exercises his brain.
>
> Some universities do release such talks. However, in can be difficult to
> find high quality talks as he wants at least an hour long.
>
> Is there a good site where I find these talks?

The Vega trust has some excellent talks http://vega.org.uk/
As does the Royal Society http://royalsociety.org/Video-Library/#

And if you google Tuva Project (and you're using Firefox or Internet
Explorer) you'll get access to a series of lectures by Richard Feynmann
http://research.microsoft.com/apps/tools/tuva/

From: Tom Roberts on
SolomonW wrote:
> Is there a good site where I find these talks?

I have this link, but cannot vouch for their accuracy or usefulness:
http://freevideolectures.com/physics.html

Fermilab records Colloquia and some seminars:
http://www-ppd.fnal.gov/EPPOffice-w/colloq/colloq.html

Other labs surely do the same....

Tom Roberts
From: glird on
On Dec 21, 5:54 am, SolomonW <Solom...(a)nospamMail.com> wrote:
> My Grandfather finds it hard to read, so what I do is go to youtube and
> play for him some lectures to listen to. I find it good as he can stop when
> he wants and replay parts. Most importantly it exercises his brain.
>
> Some universities do release such talks. However, in can be difficult to
> find high quality talks as he wants at least an hour long.
>
> Is there a good site where I find these talks?
>
> Thanking you in advance.

There is an audio called "T all" on the internet at
http://www.lulu.com/content/1411915
It is an edited recording I had with a lad who had a strange
experience. It is about 40 minutes long, out of about three hours for
the original. It is free to anyone who wants to download it.

glird
From: Dono. on
On Dec 21, 6:09 pm, glird <gl...(a)aol.com> wrote:

> There is an audio called "T all" on the internet at
> http://www.lulu.com/content/1411915
> It is an edited recording I had with a lad who had a strange
> experience. It is about 40 minutes long, out of about three hours for
> the original. It is free to anyone who wants to download it.
>
> glird

Too bad we can't associate a face to all your imbecilities, Lebau.