From: "J. Porter Clark" on
A recent revision of lang/itcl has apparently broken
security/gorilla, which now pops up a window which says:

The Password Gorilla requires the
[incr Tcl] add-on to Tcl. Please install
the [incr Tcl] package.

I've tried reinstalling itcl and everything else tcl- and
tk-related, to no avail. I don't know tcl and can't begin to
fix it myself. Any advice?

--
J. Porter Clark <jpc(a)porterclark.com>

From: Stefan Walter on
Hi,

J. Porter Clark, 07.07.10, 04:37h CEST:

> A recent revision of lang/itcl has apparently broken
> security/gorilla, which now pops up a window which says:
>
> The Password Gorilla requires the
> [incr Tcl] add-on to Tcl. Please install
> the [incr Tcl] package.
>
> I've tried reinstalling itcl and everything else tcl- and
> tk-related, to no avail. I don't know tcl and can't begin to
> fix it myself. Any advice?

there's an update to security/gorilla in ports/147833 (see [1]). I don't
know if there's a problem with it or when miwi (cc'd) is going to commit
it. Maybe it fixes your problem.

There's also a second PR for security/gorilla in ports/148388 (see [2])
which seems to reference the problem you described.

Regards,
Stefan

[1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/147833
[2]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/148388

From: Chris Rees on
On 7 July 2010 07:58, Stefan Walter <stefan(a)freebsd.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> J. Porter Clark, 07.07.10, 04:37h CEST:
>
>> A recent revision of lang/itcl has apparently broken
>> security/gorilla, which now pops up a window which says:
>>
>>   The Password Gorilla requires the
>>   [incr Tcl] add-on to Tcl. Please install
>>   the [incr Tcl] package.
>>
>> I've tried reinstalling itcl and everything else tcl- and
>> tk-related, to no avail.  I don't know tcl and can't begin to
>> fix it myself.  Any advice?
>
> there's an update to security/gorilla in ports/147833 (see [1]). I don't
> know if there's a problem with it or when miwi (cc'd) is going to commit
> it. Maybe it fixes your problem.
>
> There's also a second PR for security/gorilla in ports/148388 (see [2])
> which seems to reference the problem you described.
>
> Regards,
> Stefan
>
> [1]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/147833
> [2]: http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/148388

It should fix the problem; Gorilla used to use wish from Tcl/Tk 8.4,
which didn't play ball with itcl.

Try my patch in ports/147833 (above)

Chris