From: Dave Kelly on
I would like to make a book of what every font installed on my
computer looks like. it is easier for me to select what I want to use
in graphics programs this way than to scroll through a GUI.

Is there a script already written that can do that and if so where?

TIA
Dave
From: Owen on
On May 27, 4:30 pm, Dave Kelly <daveekel...(a)embarqmail.com> wrote:
> I would like to make a book of what every font installed on my
> computer looks like.  it is easier for me to select what I want to use
> in graphics programs this way than to scroll through a GUI.
>
> Is there a script already written that can do that and if so where?
>
> TIA
> Dave

Not sure if this is in the spirit of c.u.s, but I guess there are a
number of programs that generate font displays. Scribus is such a
program, it will produce a pdf for your printer

Owen
From: Dave Kelly on
On May 27, 1:41 am, Owen <xem...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> On May 27, 4:30 pm, Dave Kelly <daveekel...(a)embarqmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I would like to make a book of what every font installed on my
> > computer looks like.  it is easier for me to select what I want to use
> > in graphics programs this way than to scroll through a GUI.
>
> > Is there a script already written that can do that and if so where?
>
> > TIA
> > Dave
>
> Not sure if this is in the spirit of c.u.s, but I guess there are a
> number of programs that generate font displays. Scribus is such a
> program, it will produce a pdf for your printer
>
> Owen

I have scribus install on my machine but unfortunately I can not get
it to work. The text print screen freezes when it is loading a font
and will not respond. One of the other disadvantages with scribus I
did find was it wanted to print the fonts in all the size available
and at 3 per page I have enough fonts to fill 607 pages.

I have googled, read all the scripting books i have, read several
online tutorials and have not found a way to send a request of a
certain style font to the printer from the command line. Am I looking
for the impossible? (unobtainable)