From: Newbie on
I am working on a time line for a class and have Word 2007. In the first
column of cells I have dates. I inserted an arrow from Shapes and filled it
in with color. My dates are now behind the colored arrow. I want the dates to
appear on top of the colored arrow. I have tried selecting the arrow and then
under Format clicking on Send to Back, but it doesn't work.
I tried this in Word by typing a few numbers and then inserted a shape on
top of the numbers. I selected the shape and went to Format and it has the
option Send Behind Text and the text appeared on top of arrow. Can't seem to
find this option in EXCEL.
From: marysully on
Because the "send behind text" option isn't available, you may have to type
the text into the autoshaped arrow. Select arrow, right click, and select
"add text."

From: FSt1 on
hi
in excel, righ click the arrow, click format shape.
on the lines and color tab, adjust the transparency. the color will lighten
as the percent of transparency goes up. at 100% tranparency, color = xlnone.
bolding the text helps the text show up better at lower percentages of
transparency.

regards
FSt1

From: marysully on
Guess I learned something new! Thanks for posting.