From: ram on
I need a sender dependent smtp service for my shared postfix servers
This is similar to what was discussed in the thread a month ago
http://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users(a)postfix.org/msg18419.html

This is because some of our clients require a dedicated outgoing IP
( for sender accreditation )

I was thinking of a solution using a FILTER. But unfortunately FILTER
does now work without a destination apparently

I created a file called senderwise
==senderwise==
netcore.co.in FILTER smtp1:

==main.cf==
mynetworks=192.168.0.0/16,127.0.0.1
smtpd_sender_restrictions=
check_sender_access hash:/etc/postfix/senderwise,
permit
smtpd_recipient_restrictions =
permit_mynetworks,
reject
relayhost=[192.168.2.105]

==master.cf==
smtp1 unix - - n - - smtp
-o smtp_bind_address=192.168.50.11
-o smtp_helo_name=client2.netcore.co.in

------------------

But "FILTER smtp1:" is apparently no a valid format
Is there a way out

Thanks
Ram

From: Wietse Venema on
ram:
> I need a sender dependent smtp service for my shared postfix servers
> This is similar to what was discussed in the thread a month ago
> http://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users(a)postfix.org/msg18419.html
>

> This is because some of our clients require a dedicated outgoing IP
> ( for sender accreditation )
>
> I was thinking of a solution using a FILTER. But unfortunately FILTER
> does now work without a destination apparently

Maybe you can explain the problem, instead of the solution.

Wietse

From: ram on

On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 20:43 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:

> ram:
> > I need a sender dependent smtp service for my shared postfix servers
> > This is similar to what was discussed in the thread a month ago
> > http://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users(a)postfix.org/msg18419.html
> >

> > This is because some of our clients require a dedicated outgoing IP
> > ( for sender accreditation )
> >
> > I was thinking of a solution using a FILTER. But unfortunately FILTER
> > does now work without a destination apparently
>
> Maybe you can explain the problem, instead of the solution.

The requirement is that the outgoing mail for every sender-domain should
be using different bind-ips dedicated to sender domain

If I clone smtp service in master.cf to smtp1 with "-o
smtp_bind_address=XX"
and use a FILTER
senderdomain1.com FILTER smtp1

that doesnt work.

Thanks
Ram

From: Wietse Venema on
ram:

> On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 20:43 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
>
> > ram:
> > > I need a sender dependent smtp service for my shared postfix servers
> > > This is similar to what was discussed in the thread a month ago
> > > http://www.mail-archive.com/postfix-users(a)postfix.org/msg18419.html
> > >

> > > This is because some of our clients require a dedicated outgoing IP
> > > ( for sender accreditation )
> > >
> > > I was thinking of a solution using a FILTER. But unfortunately FILTER
> > > does now work without a destination apparently
> >
> > Maybe you can explain the problem, instead of the solution.
> >

> The requirement is that the outgoing mail for every sender-domain should
> be using different bind-ips dedicated to sender domain

The supported solution is sender_dependent_default_transport_maps,
available with Postfix version 2.7. The FILTER primitive serves
a different purpose: running mail through a fixed content filter.

Wietse

From: ram on
On Thu, 2009-12-31 at 09:33 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> ram:
> >
> > On Wed, 2009-12-30 at 20:43 -0500, Wietse Venema wrote:
> >
> > > ram:

> > > Maybe you can explain the problem, instead of the solution.
> > >

> > The requirement is that the outgoing mail for every sender-domain should
> > be using different bind-ips dedicated to sender domain
>
> The supported solution is sender_dependent_default_transport_maps,
> available with Postfix version 2.7. The FILTER primitive serves
> a different purpose: running mail through a fixed content filter.
>
> Wietse

Thanks Wietse,

Do you have any pre-release version. Its ok even if its not complete. I
could possibly venture to finish it at least for my purpose.

I *have to* anyway patch my server with this functionality.

Postfix with some of my own trivial patches is already running fine in
production on some of my servers (Many thanks to the extremely
structured way the code is written .. admittedly it was not too much of
an effort ) I guess I can risk running some more untested code.

Regards
Ram