From: Craig on
I setup an Exchange 2010 server, and everything seems to work fine. But I
do have one question.

My workstation is running Outlook 2007 in cache mode.

If I reboot the Exchange 2010 server, outlook goes offline as normal. But
when the server comes back online, Outlook is prompting me for a NT
username/password dialog. If I enter domain\username and password it
connects, but if I do not, nothing will sync.

I am curious as to why I am getting this box.

Like I said, everything else seems 100% normal. This is the only time that
I get this prompt. I do not get prompted for username/password if I stop
and restart outlook. It will connect on its own.

thanks!
Craig

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
You get the box because you rebooted the server.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: njseadooer on
I just assumed that it should automatically reconnect using nt
authentication, rather than prompt everyone if I decide to reboot the pc
during the day. I was hoping that cache mode would keep this kind of
activity completely hidden from users.

From: Ed Crowley [MVP] on
The authenticated session was broken so another one had to be established.
I don't believe Outlook keeps the password cached per se.
--
Ed Crowley MVP
..

From: JMB on
On 10 Mar, 05:13, "Ed Crowley [MVP]" <cursp...(a)nospam.net> wrote:
> The authenticated session was broken so another one had to be established.
> I don't believe Outlook keeps the password cached per se.

Though our Exch 2007 and Outlook 2003/2007 combination seems happy
with a server restart.

Craig - is your server also a DC?

James.