From: hossam on
cannot connect to **.**.**.** a network related or instance specific error
occured while establishing aconnection to sql servee.
the server was not found or was not accessible .
verify that the instance name is correct and that sql server is configured to allow remote connection. provider:tcp provider,
error:0-A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after aperiod of time ,
or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond microsoft sql server,
error:10060

Harry Leboeuf wrote:

Check CHARINDEXButLEFT(itm_item, LEN(item_item)-1) should do it to"Dooza"
30-Jan-08

Check CHARINDEX

But

LEFT(itm_item, LEN(item_item)-1) should do it to

On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:22 AM
Dooza wrote:

Remove last character from a string
Hi there,
I am trying to remove the last character from a string in SQL. The
string can vary in length, but always ends in R. I want to remove the R.
I was going to use something like this:

MID(itm_item,0 ,(INSTR(itm_item,'R')))

But INSTR isn't supported in MSSQL. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Cheers,

Steve

On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:28 AM
Dooza wrote:

Re: Remove last character from a string
Dooza wrote:

I should have kept looking before posting, as I just found this:

Left(itm_item,Len(itm_item)-1)

Works nicely.

Steve

On Wednesday, January 30, 2008 6:34 AM
Harry Leboeuf wrote:

Check CHARINDEXButLEFT(itm_item, LEN(item_item)-1) should do it to"Dooza"
Check CHARINDEX

But

LEFT(itm_item, LEN(item_item)-1) should do it to

Win a Free License of SandRibbon for Silverlight
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials/aspnet/cb3912a1-be37-4032-a71a-598cae18c0d7/win-a-free-license-of-sandribbon-for-silverlight.aspx

Pages: 1
Prev: Collecting data...!
Next: NORMDIST in T/SQL