From: Giampaolo Rodola' on
Hi,
I have a program which requires pywin32 as a dependancy and I'd like
to make setuptools automatically retrieve it from internet and install
it.
My setup.py script looks like this:

from setuptools import setup

setup(
install_requires = ['pywin32']
)

When I run setup.py install I get this error:

Processing dependencies for psutil==0.1.3
Searching for pywin32
Reading http://pypi.python.org/simple/pywin32/
Reading http://sf.net/projects/pywin32
Reading http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=78018
Best match: pywin32 214
Downloading http://sourceforge.net/projects/pywin32/files/pywin32/Build%20214/pywin32-214.win32-py2.6.exe
download
Processing download
error: Not a recognized archive type: c:\users\giampa~1\appdata\local
\temp\easy_
install-xefzrd\download

I've googled a lot about this but it seems that as of right now it's
just not possible to install pywin32 via setuptools but it seems
pretty strange to me as it is a very important third party module.

Can someone confirm to me that there's no way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

----

Giampaolo
http://code.google.com/p/psutil