From: David Howells on
Oleg Nesterov <oleg(a)redhat.com> wrote:

> Also, move "cred = current_cred()" down to avoid calling get_current()
> twice.

I don't see what you mean by this. same_thread_group() doesn't call
current_cred(), so why this change?

David
From: David Howells on
Oleg Nesterov <oleg(a)redhat.com> wrote:

> Yes, but both current_cred() and same_thread_group(current, t) call
> get_current(), and gcc doesn't cache the result because we call
> audit_signal_info() in between.

Sorry, yes. I was reading get_current() as current_cred() for some reason.

However, you are _still_ calling get_current() twice... So that bit of your
changelog isn't really correct.

In fact, get_current() should be __attribute_const__ since it can't change
whilst you're looking at it, except within switch_to(), probably in a piece of
assembly code, so gcc should be free to cache it as long as it likes.

David