From: master1729 on
what is the simplest example for a coo function that has oo non-intersecting branches labeled by the positive integers ?

so we have non-intersecting branches :

branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...

by analogue the logaritm has branches labeled by the integers :

... branch -1 , branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
From: Robert Israel on
master1729 <tommy1729(a)gmail.com> writes:

> what is the simplest example for a coo function that has oo
> non-intersecting branches labeled by the positive integers ?
>
> so we have non-intersecting branches :
>
> branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
>
> by analogue the logaritm has branches labeled by the integers :
>
> .. branch -1 , branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...

The logarithm with branches relabelled.
--
Robert Israel israel(a)math.MyUniversitysInitials.ca
Department of Mathematics http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
From: master1729 on
> master1729 <tommy1729(a)gmail.com> writes:
>
> > what is the simplest example for a coo function
> that has oo
> > non-intersecting branches labeled by the positive
> integers ?
> >
> > so we have non-intersecting branches :
> >
> > branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
> >
> > by analogue the logaritm has branches labeled by
> the integers :
> >
> > .. branch -1 , branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
>
> The logarithm with branches relabelled.
> --
> Robert Israel
> israel(a)math.MyUniversitysInitials.ca
> Department of Mathematics
> http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
> University of British Columbia Vancouver,
> BC, Canada

funny and sad.

i knew you were gonna say that.

but thats not what i meant.

im looking for a function where you cannot go a branch downward from branch 0. but infinite branches upward.
From: master1729 on
if it exists ...
From: Robert Israel on
master1729 <tommy1729(a)gmail.com> writes:

> > master1729 <tommy1729(a)gmail.com> writes:
> >
> > > what is the simplest example for a coo function
> > that has oo
> > > non-intersecting branches labeled by the positive
> > integers ?
> > >
> > > so we have non-intersecting branches :
> > >
> > > branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
> > >
> > > by analogue the logaritm has branches labeled by
> > the integers :
> > >
> > > .. branch -1 , branch 0 , branch 1 , branch 2 , ...
> >
> > The logarithm with branches relabelled.
> > --
> > Robert Israel
> > israel(a)math.MyUniversitysInitials.ca
> > Department of Mathematics
> > http://www.math.ubc.ca/~israel
> > University of British Columbia Vancouver,
> > BC, Canada
>
> funny and sad.
>
> i knew you were gonna say that.
>
> but thats not what i meant.
>
> im looking for a function where you cannot go a branch downward from branch
> 0. but infinite branches upward.

Which way is up in this context?