From: Israel Garcia on
I've the following issue, sometimes I have some apps who use to send
to the smarthost a lot of mail (hundreds) in just one connection. So,
my smarthost tries to deliver it as soon as mail are coming from
client servers. My question is:

How can I rate limit mail delivering on the smarthost, although he is
receiving a lot of mail from internal clients?

--
Regards;
Israel Garcia
From: Sahil Tandon on
On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Israel Garcia wrote:

> I've the following issue, sometimes I have some apps who use to send
> to the smarthost a lot of mail (hundreds) in just one connection. So,
> my smarthost tries to deliver it as soon as mail are coming from
> client servers. My question is:
>
> How can I rate limit mail delivering on the smarthost, although he is
> receiving a lot of mail from internal clients?

You need to provide more information. See DEBUG_README. Also who is "he"?
The smarthost? Do you want to rate limit mail coming IN or mail going OUT
from smarthost to nexthops?

--
Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)tandon.net>
From: Israel Garcia on
On 9/10/09, Sahil Tandon <sahil(a)tandon.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 10 Sep 2009, Israel Garcia wrote:
>
>> I've the following issue, sometimes I have some apps who use to send
>> to the smarthost a lot of mail (hundreds) in just one connection. So,
>> my smarthost tries to deliver it as soon as mail are coming from
>> client servers. My question is:
>>
>> How can I rate limit mail delivering on the smarthost, although he is
>> receiving a lot of mail from internal clients?
>
> You need to provide more information. See DEBUG_README. Also who is "he"?
> The smarthost? Do you want to rate limit mail coming IN or mail going OUT
> from smarthost to nexthops?
Hi Sahil,

Yes, he = smarthost and I want to rate limit on mail going out from smarthost.

regards,
Israel.