From: ThatsIT.net.au on
I have a drop down list, actual its the combo box from the ajaxtoolkit, I'm
populating it with a list of suburbs for each state in Australia. This works
well in chrome Firefox and even IE8 compatibility mode, but not in IE8, it
IE8 it is very very slow.
so I decided to use the meta tag
but still no good, the only way I can get it to work is by removing any
doctype, then it seems to work in a reasonable time like other browsers.

any ideas why this is?

I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
slight css problem.

From: Alexey Smirnov on
On Oct 1, 1:27 pm, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me(a)work> wrote:
> I have a drop down list, actual its the combo box from the ajaxtoolkit, I'm
> populating it with a list of suburbs for each state in Australia. This works
> well in chrome Firefox and even IE8 compatibility mode, but not in IE8, it
> IE8 it is very very slow.
> so I decided to use the meta tag
> but still no good, the only way I can get it to work is by removing any
> doctype, then it seems to work in a reasonable time like other browsers.
>
> any ideas why this is?
>
> I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
> slight css problem.

ajaxtoolkit has known problems with IE8

http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/03/23/asp-menu-fix-for-ie8-problem-available.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962351
From: ThatsIT.net.au on

"Alexey Smirnov" <alexey.smirnov(a)gmail.com> wrote in message
On Oct 1, 1:27 pm, "ThatsIT.net.au" <me(a)work> wrote:
> I have a drop down list, actual its the combo box from the ajaxtoolkit,
> I'm
> populating it with a list of suburbs for each state in Australia. This
> works
> well in chrome Firefox and even IE8 compatibility mode, but not in IE8, it
> IE8 it is very very slow.
> so I decided to use the meta tag
> but still no good, the only way I can get it to work is by removing any
> doctype, then it seems to work in a reasonable time like other browsers.
>
> any ideas why this is?
>
> I could leave the page in compatibility mode, but the combo boxes have
> slight css problem.

ajaxtoolkit has known problems with IE8

http://weblogs.asp.net/bleroy/archive/2009/03/23/asp-menu-fix-for-ie8-problem-available.aspx
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/962351

I'm a bit confused, is this hotfix to be installed on the production machine
or the server?
I tried installing it on my production machine Vista x86 and it told my its
not for my computer. I installed the windows 2003 ok on a win 2003 machine.
Also the link to the vista fix is not the same description as the windows
2003 hotfix. I wondering if its the correct hotfox under the vista link.