From: Jerrale Gayle on
I have smtp_bind_address set to the delegated ip for our mail server
173.50.101.12; however this only limits incoming connections to that ip,
along with our firewall; it USE to, on postfix, make postfix send out
from that ip only. Now, postfix is sending out on the main ip of the
mail server, 173.50.101.11, which is the backup DNS server's ip and
causes mail to be rejected by those using our SPF record. I do NOT want
to list the dns server's ip to be allowed to send mail, in our SPF. I
have even tried changing smtp, in master.cf, to have -o
smtp_bind_address=173.50.101.12.

How can I make postfix use the ip it is suppose to, to send mail on?

I have also defined inet_interfaces=173.50.101.12

From: Wietse Venema on
Jerrale Gayle:
> I have smtp_bind_address set to the delegated ip for our mail server
> 173.50.101.12; however this only limits incoming connections to that ip,
> along with our firewall; it USE to, on postfix, make postfix send out
> from that ip only. Now, postfix is sending out on the main ip of the
> mail server, 173.50.101.11, which is the backup DNS server's ip and
> causes mail to be rejected by those using our SPF record. I do NOT want
> to list the dns server's ip to be allowed to send mail, in our SPF. I
> have even tried changing smtp, in master.cf, to have -o
> smtp_bind_address=173.50.101.12.
>
> How can I make postfix use the ip it is suppose to, to send mail on?
>
> I have also defined inet_interfaces=173.50.101.12

Please do not post random fragments and vague eye witness reports.

Instead follow the mailing list welcome message instructions.

Thank you for using Postfix.