From: Mark Brown on
On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 05:39:41PM +0200, Peter Huewe wrote:

> bool "FSI-AK4642 sound support"
> depends on SND_SOC_SH4_FSI
> select SND_SOC_AK4642
> + select I2C

I'd have thought a depends was more appropriate. Arguably you want to
depend on the SH I2C driver since the driver is useless without the
relevant I2C controller.
From: Peter Hüwe on
Am Montag 14 Juni 2010 18:10:34 schrieb Mark Brown:
> On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 05:39:41PM +0200, Peter Huewe wrote:
> > bool "FSI-AK4642 sound support"
> > depends on SND_SOC_SH4_FSI
> > select SND_SOC_AK4642
> > + select I2C
>
> I'd have thought a depends was more appropriate. Arguably you want to
> depend on the SH I2C driver since the driver is useless without the
> relevant I2C controller.

Thanks for pointing this out - I had also a closer look at the codecs and the
other FSI related codec (da7210.c) depends on I2C too.

So maybe even move the dependency up to SND_SOC_SH4_FSI
since both codecs rely on I2C?

So something like this would be more appropriate?
config SND_SOC_SH4_FSI
tristate "SH4 FSI support"
+ depends on CONFIG_I2C_SH_MOBILE
help
This option enables FSI sound support

If you think this patch sounds correct, I can create a new 'official' patch.

Peter

From: Mark Brown on
On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 04:49:07PM +0200, Peter Hüwe wrote:

> So maybe even move the dependency up to SND_SOC_SH4_FSI
> since both codecs rely on I2C?

No, while the two boards in mainline currently may need I2C obviously
other board designs with other control interfaces are possible so it
should be on the individual boards.