From: Picky Mendoza on
I just started to learn how to use sockets in Ruby and my Problems
begun.
When i put in IRB require 'socket' it returns false.
I use Ruby 1.8.6 installed with oneclickinstaller on Wista.
What shell i download more to have access to sockets Library??

From: Jesús Gabriel y Galán on
On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 3:59 PM, Picky Mendoza <picky.mendoza(a)yahoo.com> wrote:
> I just started to learn how to use sockets in Ruby and my Problems
> begun.
> When i put in IRB require 'socket' it returns false.
> I use Ruby 1.8.6 installed with oneclickinstaller on Wista.
> What shell i download more to have access to sockets Library??

require only loads a resource once. If it was already required
previously, it will return false, since it does nothing further. You
shouldn't worry about the return value of require, only if it raises
any exception:

irb(main):001:0> require 'socket'
=> true
irb(main):002:0> require 'socket'