From: BJS on
Does anyone happen to have the solutions to Sipser's Theory of
Computation 2nd edition? Have a final today and wanted to review some
of the problems.
From: BJS on
On Jul 12, 11:35 am, BJS <bschi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> Does anyone happen to have the solutions to Sipser's Theory of
> Computation 2nd edition?  Have a final today and wanted to review some
> of the problems.

Disregard. I have a feeling this isn't just floating around out there
anyway.

Does everyone agree Sipser is the best Theory of Computation text? I
thought it was concise, but I would have like more examples and more
explanations. Anyone have any other recommendations?
From: rabbits77 on
On 7/13/2010 9:31 AM, BJS wrote:
> On Jul 12, 11:35 am, BJS<bschi...(a)gmail.com> wrote:
>> Does anyone happen to have the solutions to Sipser's Theory of
>> Computation 2nd edition? Have a final today and wanted to review some
>> of the problems.
>
> Disregard. I have a feeling this isn't just floating around out there
> anyway.
>
> Does everyone agree Sipser is the best Theory of Computation text? I
> thought it was concise, but I would have like more examples and more
> explanations. Anyone have any other recommendations?

There are more mathematical treatments such as Du and Ko
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0471439606/ref=pd_lpo_k2_dp_sr_2?pf_rd_p=486539851&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=0471345067&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=07RB6NYGYKMWBW6ASFFK
I can't really comment...my theory of computation course
was hardly my best performance!