From: jimgardener on
hi,
recently I switched to ubuntu jaunty and installed python 2.6.I
installed lib-tk so that I can work on my gui apps using Tix and
Tkinter.But ,it seems that the python version in jaunty ships a buggy
tix version which gives a 'TclError:unknown color' error message (this
happens when I try to use FileSelectBox in Tix).

I tried to find if the installation is proper by
>>root=Tix.Tk()
>>root.tk.eval('package require Tix')

This outputs the string '8.4'

How do I correct the problem?I downloaded the source Tix8.4.3-src.tar
from sourceforge site.Can somebody tell me how I can install this so I
can use the bug free Tix from python2.6>

thanks
jim
From: Lawrence D'Oliveiro on
In message
<7cbe39d0-cac8-41d8-b80a-a148ac4b7b20(a)q21g2000prm.googlegroups.com>,

<http://code.google.com/p/metageta/issues/detail?id=33>