From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com>:

> What's the best way to integrate the Spamhaus DBL for folks not already
> using SA et al?

None.

Quote:

"The Spamhaus DBL is a realtime database of domains (typically web site
domains) found in spam messages. Mail server software capable of
scanning email message body contents for URIs can use the DBL to
identify, classify or reject spam containing DBL-listed domains."

Note the key words "email message body contents"

Postfix cannot do that on it's own. You need something to examine the
body of the mail (content_filter, milter, smtpd_proxy_filter)

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin

From: Stan Hoeppner on
Ralf Hildebrandt put forth on 3/4/2010 1:55 AM:

> "The Spamhaus DBL is a realtime database of domains (typically web site
> domains) found in spam messages. Mail server software capable of
> scanning email message body contents for URIs can use the DBL to
> identify, classify or reject spam containing DBL-listed domains."

Two paragraphs later, on the same Spamhaus web page:

"The DBL is both a domain URI Blocklist and RHSBL. It is intended primarily
for message body URI checks but it can additionally be used for connection
checks at the SMTP level and header domain checks (HELO, connecting IP rDNS
domain, From & Reply-To domains, Message-ID domain) and other checks
involving domains."

So, can I use the following to reject connections whose A record is in the
Spamhaus DBL? Does this also query for the domain in the PTR/FQrDNS record?

smtpd_client_restrictions =
reject_rhsbl_client dbl.spamhaus.org

Thanks.

--
Stan

From: Ralf Hildebrandt on
* Stan Hoeppner <stan(a)hardwarefreak.com>:
> Ralf Hildebrandt put forth on 3/4/2010 1:55 AM:
>
> > "The Spamhaus DBL is a realtime database of domains (typically web site
> > domains) found in spam messages. Mail server software capable of
> > scanning email message body contents for URIs can use the DBL to
> > identify, classify or reject spam containing DBL-listed domains."
>
> Two paragraphs later, on the same Spamhaus web page:
>
> "The DBL is both a domain URI Blocklist and RHSBL. It is intended primarily
> for message body URI checks but it can additionally be used for connection
> checks at the SMTP level and header domain checks (HELO, connecting IP rDNS
> domain, From & Reply-To domains, Message-ID domain) and other checks
> involving domains."

Oh wow :)

> So, can I use the following to reject connections whose A record is in the
> Spamhaus DBL? Does this also query for the domain in the PTR/FQrDNS record?
>
> smtpd_client_restrictions =
> reject_rhsbl_client dbl.spamhaus.org

reject_rhsbl_client dbl.spamhaus.org
reject_rhsbl_sender dbl.spamhaus.org
etc.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Charité - Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Campus Benjamin Franklin
Hindenburgdamm 30 | D-12203 Berlin
Tel. +49 30 450 570 155 | Fax: +49 30 450 570 962
ralf.hildebrandt(a)charite.de | http://www.charite.de

First  |  Prev  |
Pages: 1 2
Prev: postfix as "dispatcher"