From: dorayme on
In article <i2agql$coq$1(a)news.albasani.net>,
Jeff Thies <jeff_thies(a)att.net> wrote:

> Chris F.A. Johnson wrote:

> >> No need to say #oneid #anotherid
> >> All IDs are unique.
> >
> > It may be necessary to increase the specificity.
> >
> That and each template has a different body ID. That way I can leave the
> html alone and change the look of the page by styling as a descendant of
> that page's ID.
>
> So:
>
> #template_1 #side_nav{...
> #template_2 #side_nav{different styles...

There is a trade off between having one css sheet with every
style that you want and manageability. If you have little and
special changes for just some pages, you do not have to concoct
special complicated patterns or to add extra ids or classes, you
just have to override the main style by a local style in the head
of those docs that are a bit different.

--
dorayme