From: Gevorg Harutyunyan on
Hi,

Could you please give me short sample of ssh2_tunnel usage.
The only sample that I found was manual sample and I can not understood how
it works.

--
Best Regards,
Gevorg Harutyunyan
From: Colin Guthrie on
'Twas brillig, and Gevorg Harutyunyan at 17/02/09 11:55 did gyre and gimble:
> Could you please give me short sample of ssh2_tunnel usage.
> The only sample that I found was manual sample and I can not understood how
> it works.

Not sure this is the right list for this kind of question, so perhaps
you can give some example?

If I were to take a guess, I'd suggest something like the following.

Say you want to access an HTTP server at your office but it is behind a
firewall. You can SSH to your office via the command "ssh
me(a)my.office.com" When inside the office you can access your webserver
via "http://private.office.com/".

If you wanted to access the office web server on your local machine you
would do:

ssh -L 8080:private.office.com:80 me(a)my.office.com

Then you would point your browser at:
http://localhost:8080/

And you should see your office website.

Col

--

Colin Guthrie
gmane(at)colin.guthr.ie

Day Job:
Open Source:
Trac Hacker [http://trac.edgewall.org/]

From: Jochem Maas on
Colin Guthrie schreef:
> 'Twas brillig, and Gevorg Harutyunyan at 17/02/09 11:55 did gyre and
> gimble:

lol.

>> Could you please give me short sample of ssh2_tunnel usage.
>> The only sample that I found was manual sample and I can not
>> understood how
>> it works.
>
> Not sure this is the right list for this kind of question, so perhaps
> you can give some example?

http://php.net/ssl2_tunnel

it's a php function :-)
and I don't think the docs can explain it's usage any more simply
than they do .. if someone doesn't grok it they need to STFW and
learn what ssh tunnelling is (or wait until you explain it :-)).