From: Krystyna Wisnaskas on
Sethupathi Asokan wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
>>>
>>> Maybe, INCLUDE and LIB environment variables are set for
>>> PostgreSQL?
>>
>> I tried setting both LIB and LIBDIR to C:\ruby\bin, both in the shell
>> itself and via ENV, but it didn't work.
>>
>> Have you been able to build and load ruby-pg against PostgreSQL 8.3 with
>> the one click installer? If so, how did you do it?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Dan
>
> I have done a work-around by renaming the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll
> in {RUBY_PATH}/bin directory and copy these to dll files from
> {POSTGRES_PATH}/bin directory and paste it under {RUBY_PATH}/bin.
>
> It worked for me.

My work-around worked in just the opposite way. Having boy files
libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in {POSTGRES_PATH}/bin directory and
nothing in {RUBY_PATH}/bin directory, finally did the trick, but I
noticed they had to have the same date.

From: Luis Lavena on
On Jun 8, 12:58 pm, Krystyna Wisnaskas <krystyna.wisnas...(a)gmail.com>
wrote:
> Sethupathi Asokan wrote:
> > Daniel Berger wrote:

> >> I tried setting both LIB and LIBDIR to C:\ruby\bin, both in the shell
> >> itself and via ENV, but it didn't work.
>
> >> Have you been able to build and load ruby-pg against PostgreSQL 8.3 with
> >> the one click installer? If so, how did you do it?
>
> >> Regards,
>
> >> Dan
>
> > I have done a work-around by renaming the libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll
> > in {RUBY_PATH}/bin directory and copy these to dll files from
> > {POSTGRES_PATH}/bin directory and paste it under {RUBY_PATH}/bin.
>
> > It worked for me.
>
> My work-around worked in just the opposite way. Having boy files
> libeay32.dll and ssleay32.dll in {POSTGRES_PATH}/bin directory and
> nothing in {RUBY_PATH}/bin directory, finally did the trick, but I
> noticed they had to have the same date.

Please try RubyInstaller:

http://rubyinstaller.org/

It includes OpenSSL in "compatibility mode" so it doesn't conflict
with PostgreSQL.

--
Luis Lavena