From: Pavel Machek on

> > > With this patch, will it build properly?
> >
> > Its certainly way closer to building... it builds for me, with
> > something like below; platform devices really are initialized from
> > board-* files and get passed parameters.
>
> Ick. This isn't ok, we can't take patches for staging stuff in files
> outside of drivers/staging/

I know, I was trying to show that ammount of required changes is very small.

> So for now, I've deleted the drivers/staging/dream/ directory from my
> tree, which will get pushed for 2.6.33. Please clean the code up and
> get it into buildable shape and I will be glad to add the drivers back
> into the staging directory at that time.

Ok, I got something that builds; verifying it on device is hard, as
last kernel that boots there is 2.6.29...

Should I turn it into series and submit?
Pavel
From: Greg KH on
On Wed, Oct 28, 2009 at 10:56:12PM +0100, Pavel Machek wrote:

> > > Its certainly way closer to building... it builds for me, with
> > > something like below; platform devices really are initialized from
> > > board-* files and get passed parameters.
> >
> > Ick. This isn't ok, we can't take patches for staging stuff in files
> > outside of drivers/staging/
>
> I know, I was trying to show that ammount of required changes is very small.
>
> > So for now, I've deleted the drivers/staging/dream/ directory from my
> > tree, which will get pushed for 2.6.33. Please clean the code up and
> > get it into buildable shape and I will be glad to add the drivers back
> > into the staging directory at that time.
>
> Ok, I got something that builds; verifying it on device is hard, as
> last kernel that boots there is 2.6.29...
>
> Should I turn it into series and submit?

Yes please.

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Pavel Machek on
On Wed 2009-10-28 15:11:55, Greg KH wrote:

> > > Ick. This isn't ok, we can't take patches for staging stuff in files
> > > outside of drivers/staging/
> >
> > I know, I was trying to show that ammount of required changes is very small.
> >
> > > So for now, I've deleted the drivers/staging/dream/ directory from my
> > > tree, which will get pushed for 2.6.33. Please clean the code up and
> > > get it into buildable shape and I will be glad to add the drivers back
> > > into the staging directory at that time.
> >
> > Ok, I got something that builds; verifying it on device is hard, as
> > last kernel that boots there is 2.6.29...
> >
> > Should I turn it into series and submit?
>
> Yes please.

Ok, here you go. These are against your tree before your "rm -r"
patch. I hope I did not make mistake somewhere.
Pavel