From: Greg KH on
On Mon, Aug 02, 2010 at 05:00:33PM +0000, Haiyang Zhang wrote:
> From: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz(a)microsoft.com>
>
> Subject: staging: hv: Fix missing functions for net_device_ops
> Unlike in older kernels, ether_setup() no longer sets default
> functions.

So what kernel versions are affected by this?

Please don't attach a patch and put it inline, it forces me to edit it
by hand.

Care to provide the above information and resend it so I can apply it?

thanks,

greg k-h
> So what kernel versions are affected by this?
>
> Please don't attach a patch and put it inline, it forces me to edit it
> by hand.
>
> Care to provide the above information and resend it so I can apply it?

It affects kernel 2.6.32 and later, which are all versions contain Hyper-V drivers.
I will send out an email with the inline patch only.

Thanks,

- Haiyang