From: Greg KH on
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 05:31:57PM +0000, Hank Janssen wrote:
> From: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz(a)microsoft.com>
>
> Fixed the value of the 64bit-hole inside ring buffer, this caused a problem on Hyper-V when running checked Windows builds.

What was the problem, and why would this fix it? Was it a bug in this
code, by virtue that the code was incorrect in the client and the
checked builds properly warned of this, or something else?

thanks,

greg k-h
From: Hank Janssen on

>>On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 05:31:57PM +0000, Hank Janssen wrote:
>> From: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz(a)microsoft.com>
>>
>> Fixed the value of the 64bit-hole inside ring buffer, this caused a problem on Hyper-V
>>when running checked Windows builds.
>
>What was the problem, and why would this fix it? Was it a bug in this code,
>by virtue that the code was incorrect in the client and the checked builds properly warned
>of this, or something else?

Checked builds of Windows are used internally and given to external system builders at times.
They are builds that for example that all elements in a structure follow the definition of that
Structure. The bug this fixed was for a field that we did not fill in at all (Because we do
Not use it on the Linux side), and the checked build of windows gives errors on it internally
to the Windows logs.

This fixes that error.

Thanks,

Hank.

From: Greg KH on
On Wed, Aug 04, 2010 at 04:25:40AM +0000, Hank Janssen wrote:

> >>On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 05:31:57PM +0000, Hank Janssen wrote:
> >> From: Haiyang Zhang <haiyangz(a)microsoft.com>
> >>
> >> Fixed the value of the 64bit-hole inside ring buffer, this caused a problem on Hyper-V
> >>when running checked Windows builds.
> >
> >What was the problem, and why would this fix it? Was it a bug in this code,
> >by virtue that the code was incorrect in the client and the checked builds properly warned
> >of this, or something else?
>
> Checked builds of Windows are used internally and given to external system builders at times.
> They are builds that for example that all elements in a structure follow the definition of that
> Structure. The bug this fixed was for a field that we did not fill in at all (Because we do
> Not use it on the Linux side), and the checked build of windows gives errors on it internally
> to the Windows logs.
>
> This fixes that error.

Wonderful, please provide this information in the changelog comment.

thanks,

greg k-h