From: Kathleeen on
We are trying to create a database for our team in Mafia Wars on Facebook.
We would like to have the team input their fight results, using their
information, as well as the attackee's information. We need to make it
simple for the user, and have it work online, but I can't find any kind of
template for this kind of thing. We want to see who our most active users are
by using the data that they input, as well as creating a database of the
people being attacked. Can anyone help?
From: joel on

What type of help are you lookig for? It is hard from your psting to
indicate what type of programming skills you have. I'm not sure why you
are asking for excel help. You say your are creating a dabase that can
be used on-line. What does this have to do with excel? It seems like
you want to develope a web application that is linked to an access
database. Access has a nice import feature that should be able to
import text files.

The only way I can see you using excel is to make the input/output user
friendly. I like using excel as a front end tool for inputing and
outputing data into an Access Dataase. But if you want something that
can be used from the web I wouldn't think excel is the way to go. You
can create a web application using one of the visual 2008 studio
applications (C#, VB Net) which is avaliable for free from microsoft.
From visual Studio you can open an Excel Application, an Access
Aplication and a Webpage. ther are lots of samples of code at the
microsoft website if you look for Net Framework 3.5 which is the library
functions that visual Studio uses.

Try doing a search at the www.msdn.com website (microsoft developers
network) for

net 3.5 web application

To see the download available go to www.msdn.com and look for
"Essential Downloads" which is near the bottom of the page.

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/chat.php