From: Charles Marcus on
On 2010-07-07 11:27 PM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> Jerry put forth on 7/7/2010 8:09 AM:
>
>> Why are you setting configuration parameters to their default setting?
>> It doesn't serve any purpose that I am aware of.

> I've seen this quite a bit. It leads me to believe there are some Linux
> distros that ship with this stuff in main.cf by default.

I've never done a vanilla install and always wondered about this...

Does the vanilla install of postfix provide a main.cf with all of the
default settings already commented out?

If so, then gentoo apparently explicitly uncomments them, because every
time I update, the config file update process always wants to uncomment
all of the defaults I commented out again, so I have to carefully refuse
all of these changes...

--

Best regards,

Charles