From: swar phil swar on
In a macro jn Excel 2007, I am opening files from a list, when the file
doesn't exist I get an error message. How can I stop this and go on to the
next one? I can stop the first with an onerror statement but if it finds a
second non-existant file it ignores this and gives an error message.
From: Jim Thomlinson on
Generally speaking post your code... Without code then something like this
might work...

dim wbk as workbook

'start loop here
on error resume next
set wbk = workbooks.open "Whatever"
on error goto 0

if wbk is nothing then
msgbox "No such file"
else
msgbox "Process the file"
end if
'end loop here
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"swar phil" wrote:

> In a macro jn Excel 2007, I am opening files from a list, when the file
> doesn't exist I get an error message. How can I stop this and go on to the
> next one? I can stop the first with an onerror statement but if it finds a
> second non-existant file it ignores this and gives an error message.

Pages: 1
Prev: Menus in xlmenubar
Next: Macro