From: hazal Ates on
i m a new in Ruby . sorry may be its a silly question.
my small game " finding a randon number" in codes i want to put
"pls press -1 to stop game"
or
end of first game i want to ask
"do you cont. or stop ( y / n ) enter , pls"

but i dont know that how (-1) or y/n work to stop or cont.

i want to like this code :
if keyenter=(-1) goto last line and stop
if keyenter = y goto beginning of game
if keyenter = n goto end of prog. it says puts "thank you , game over"
like this...

From: Michael Jackson on
The following code doesn't do exactly what you need, but it should be
enough to get you started in the right direction.

def prompt
STDOUT.write ">> "
gets
end

def game_over
puts "thank you.\ngame over!"
exit
end

trap ("INT") { puts; game_over }

puts "welcome to my game. please press 'q' to quit."

while (code = prompt)
case code.strip
when "y"
puts "start game"
when "q"
game_over
else
puts "sorry, i don't understand."
end
end

--
Michael Jackson
http://mjijackson.com

From: cppcodeguy on

Use puts to print the screen and gets to get the user's input.

I'm guessing you want to add something like

puts "pls press -1 to stop game"
answer = gets
if answer.to_i == -1 or answer == randomnumber
puts "Continue or stop? (y/n)"
answer = gets
if answer.chomps == "y"
puts "Thank you for playing, game over."
Process.exit
end
end

Was that any help?

From: hazal Ates on
Michael Jackson wrote:
> The following code doesn't do exactly what you need, but it should be
> enough to get you started in the right direction.
>
> def prompt
> STDOUT.write ">> "
> gets
> end
>
> def game_over
> puts "thank you.\ngame over!"
> exit
> end
>
> trap ("INT") { puts; game_over }
>
> puts "welcome to my game. please press 'q' to quit."
>
> while (code = prompt)
> case code.strip
> when "y"
> puts "start game"
> when "q"
> game_over
> else
> puts "sorry, i don't understand."
> end
> end
>
> --
> Michael Jackson
> http://mjijackson.com
> @mjijackson

thank you MJ

my desire generaaly not for func. of this but

after press. "y" for example ( at the last line ) prog execution must
GOTO beginning of program .

may be you now in pascal its easy with GOTO

From: Thiago Massa on

Just define a function like "play_game" and do a loop that gets the input in
order to play the game or not and calls that function.

I don't even know how to use goto's.

2010/7/26 hazal Ates <niyaziates77(a)gmail.com>

> Michael Jackson wrote:
> > The following code doesn't do exactly what you need, but it should be
> > enough to get you started in the right direction.
> >
> > def prompt
> > STDOUT.write ">> "
> > gets
> > end
> >
> > def game_over
> > puts "thank you.\ngame over!"
> > exit
> > end
> >
> > trap ("INT") { puts; game_over }
> >
> > puts "welcome to my game. please press 'q' to quit."
> >
> > while (code = prompt)
> > case code.strip
> > when "y"
> > puts "start game"
> > when "q"
> > game_over
> > else
> > puts "sorry, i don't understand."
> > end
> > end
> >
> > --
> > Michael Jackson
> > http://mjijackson.com
> > @mjijackson
>
> thank you MJ
>
> my desire generaaly not for func. of this but
>
> after press. "y" for example ( at the last line ) prog execution must
> GOTO beginning of program .
>
> may be you now in pascal its easy with GOTO

Thiago Fernandes Massa
11 83979414

 |  Next  |  Last
Pages: 1 2