From: Maxim Levitsky on
On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 01:03 +0300, Maxim Levitsky wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 16:42 -0400, Philip Langdale wrote:
> > On Wed, 02 Jun 2010 23:19:25 +0300, Maxim Levitsky
> > <maximlevitsky(a)gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > > I some future I maybe consider reverse engineering the MMC controller.
> >
> > Someone actually did, if you dig back through the SDHCI mailing list. It's
> > apparently almost identical to SDHCI with the Cap flags not set properly.
> This is just great.
>
> Maybe its even possible to make SDHCI use it.
>

> > http://list.drzeus.cx/pipermail/sdhci-devel/2007-December/002085.html
> >
> > Still, even if we got it working properly, it would be rather less elegant
> > than what we have today, modulo hardware freaking out as you are
> > experiencing...
> The curreent version is very elegant....
> Like once you resume the system, insert card and is out of ideas of what
> to do next....
>
> Thank you very much!
The patch I just send works here almost perfect.
Well, the asynchronous tries now to resume both sdhci devices in
parallel, and that makes them very unhappy.
Simple solution is just to exclude these two devices from async suspend,
but it seem not to work. I asked that at linux-pm. I am sure that will
be fixed. Anyway disabling async suspend works around this issue.

I wish I knew that this 'proprietary' mmc controller is just a SDHCI in
disguise before....

Big thanks to 'Andrew de Quincey' for this work.

Best regards,
Maxim Levitsky