From: Jorgen Grahn on
On Thu, 3 Jul 2008 08:55:08 CST, Francis Glassborow
<francis.glassborow(a)btinternet.com> wrote:
> Mathias Gaunard wrote:
>
>> Apart from the part it's perfectly useless Microsoft-specific
>> monstruosity and duplicates the standard strncpy, I do not think there
>> is any.
>
> You are entitled to your opinion, however it is no longer and entirely
> MS function and it does not in fact duplicate strncpy though there is a
> considerable overlap.

True. It seems to have more overlap with strlcpy() though (enough
overlap to make them equivalent, I wonder?)

strlcpy() was introduced in OpenBSD back in 1998, and is fairly well
known among Unix programmers. I suspect that many people will choose
strlcpy() in the future too, for technical, practical and political
reasons ...

Personally, I'll use std::string.

/Jorgen