From: ml ml on
Hello List,

is it possible to submit locally-generated mail via SMTP somehow?! If
yes, how?!

I am asking because i would like to use stream_by_receipient from
mimedefang and i ran into this problem here:
http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2010-June/035844.html

(...)Convince Wietse Venema to add a flag to
Postfix that makes it submit locally-generated mail via SMTP on the
loopback address the same way Sendmail 8.12 and newer do. (Or maybe you
can already configure Postfix to do this? I do not know.) (...)

Cheers,
Mario

From: Noel Jones on
On 6/30/2010 3:53 PM, ml ml wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> is it possible to submit locally-generated mail via SMTP somehow?! If
> yes, how?!
>
> I am asking because i would like to use stream_by_receipient from
> mimedefang and i ran into this problem here:
> http://lists.roaringpenguin.com/pipermail/mimedefang/2010-June/035844.html

Use the mini_sendmail stub program from acme.com.
Most OS's have this available in their packaging system, or
you can download and install from source.

If you can't change your program to call mini_sendmail rather
than postfix's sendmail, just replace the sendmail command
with a shell scrip that calls mini_sendmail.

-- Noel Jones