From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on
Good Day

Can you help me create a code to trim this path upto "\"

C:\Program Files\Distribute\mention.doc

I want to remove mention .doc using the vb.net code

From: Mr. Arnold on
shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com wrote:
> Good Day
>
> Can you help me create a code to trim this path upto "\"
>

> C:\Program Files\Distribute\mention.doc
>

> I want to remove mention .doc using the vb.net code

You use lastindexof to get the position in the string.

And then you substring(0, lastindexof("\") + 1) ' that's + or - 1

http://www.lqnet.com/VB/VBNet_String.aspx

path = path.substring(0, length)

It's something like that. You'll figure it out.
From: Mark Rae [MVP] on

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/system.io.path.getdirectoryname.aspx

--
Mark Rae
ASP.NET MVP

From: shusta guthnar on
I am haveing the understand you are much to removeing 'mention.doc'.
Withs the outsides of useing you will be haveing happiness with trying
references useing "../"

Funs and Happinesses

Shusta

From: shadow-monster via DotNetMonster.com on
Mr. Arnold wrote:
>> Good Day
>>
>[quoted text clipped - 3 lines]
>>
>> I want to remove mention .doc using the vb.net code
>
>You use lastindexof to get the position in the string.
>
>And then you substring(0, lastindexof("\") + 1) ' that's + or - 1
>
>http://www.lqnet.com/VB/VBNet_String.aspx
>
>path = path.substring(0, length)
>
>It's something like that. You'll figure it out.

Thanks Mr. Arnold

I created a function to trim my path and I get my result. I also tried your
code and it works as well without creating a function.

Thanks again. :)