From: dannyboy8 on
If there is a specific keyword, like "expense", in column A and I need to
return all the values contained in another column, but several of the
"expense" cells in column A have other words in the cell with it, is there
anyway to search just on "expense" in the column A eventhough some of the
cells have other words in it? Thanks
From: FSt1 on
hi
you can use the wild card character star(*).
=sumif(A2:A100,"*expence*",B2:B100)
but you didn't say if the word expence was before, after or in the middle.

1 "expence*" for "expence A"
2 "*expence" for "big expence"
3 "*expence*" for "big expence A"

meaning that you can use the wild card character several ways.
number 3 above should pick them all up

regards
FSt1