From: JasonK on
TIA

I've got a workbook with 25 sheets. I need a cell in the 25th sheet
to sum the same cell in each of the other 24. I can't figure out a
quick way to write a formula for that. Does anyone know?

I tried to Insert Name and Define and the reference, but I couldn't
make it work. My guess was I was doing it all wrong.

Thanks again,

JasonK

From: Ron de Bruin on
I like this one on sheet 25
=SUM('*'!A20)

See also the last part of this page
http://www.rondebruin.nl/linksum.htm

--

Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm

From: JasonK on
Thanks. so simple. I'll get this figured out some day.

thanks again.

JasonK

From: Dave Peterson on
You could add two "dummy" sheets--one to the far left and one to the far right.
But don't include that 25th sheet.

Call them Start and Finish.

Then your formula would become:

=sum('start:finish'!c3)

I would lock the cells on those sheets and protect them. You don't want someone
putting something in one of the cells that breaks the formulas.

After you do this, you can play what-if games, too. Just drag a worksheet
outside that "sandwich" and that employee's numbers will be ignored.

Remember to have the total sheet outside the sandwich, too.

--

Dave Peterson