From: Seebs on
On 2010-03-26, Rainer Weikusat <rweikusat(a)mssgmbh.com> wrote:
> That some people inevitably reinvent the Gordian knot whenever given
> enough rope is not something the rope is accountable for.

We were unable to find an alternative in that particular case. We had
a large make variable and wanted to iterate through it, without either:
1. Using one command per item in the list (takes an order of magnitude
too long)
or
2. Trying to pass the whole thing as one item (blows up many shells).

-s
--
Copyright 2010, all wrongs reversed. Peter Seebach / usenet-nospam(a)seebs.net